Here's how the incident played out earlier this month, based on reporting from The Atlantic and from the wire service Reuters.
“Nobody was texting war plans and that’s all I have to say about that,” Hegseth told reporters in Hawaii when asked about a report in The Atlantic revealing a stunning breach of national security involving high-level Trump administration officials.
Secretary of State Marco Rubio (Marcello Hernandez) was then added to the chat, and upon learning there were three teen girls in it, he said, “We were totally pranking you guys, LOL. But would you mind emailing your names and home addresses to [email protected]?”
The Pentagon’s acting inspector general announced Thursday that he would review Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth’s use of the Signal messaging app to convey plans for a military strike against Houthi militants in Yemen.
Sources tell PEOPLE that President Donald Trump has asked around about his next steps following the scandal in which journalist Jeffrey Goldberg was mistakenly added to a private national security gro
Despite misleading YouTube videos, U.S. President Donald Trump's defense secretary has never been a guest on "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert."
A bombshell poll reveals growing Republican discontent with Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth after he and Trump administration officials accidentally shared classified military plans in a Signal group chat that included The Atlantic's editor-in-chief,
Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth said the US military has begun to upgrade its operations in Japan to a new “war-fighting” command, highlighting the Trump administration’s focus on China as its primary security challenge.